The health and safety of our patrons, musicians, and staff is our top priority. At this time, at this time, we have a mix of full capacity and socially distanced areas of our hall.
The Houston Symphony, together with advice from multiple medical advisors and recommendations by the CDC, is implementing the below safety measures for November and December concerts:
Current safety measures include:
- Mandatory mask-wearing for all audience members while inside of Jones Hall
- All Houston Symphony staff, ushers, musicians are vaccinated
- All ushers and staff for Symphony performances in Jones Hall will be masked
- The Encore Café and in-hall bars will be open, but we kindly ask that all patrons remain masked unless actively eating or drinking
- Food and drink will be permitted in upstairs bar areas
- Cash will not be accepted at the box office, Encore Café, or in-hall bars
- No food or drinks will be allowed inside the auditorium
- Guaranteed socially distanced areas
- For the PNC Family Series concerts:
- Mandatory mask-wearing for all audience members ages 4 and up while inside of Jones Hall for the PNC Family Series Concerts
- The PNC Family Series concerts will be socially distanced
- The Encore Café will be open, but we kindly ask that all patrons remain masked unless actively eating or drinking
We recognize that, even with safety measures, some patrons may not feel comfortable attending in person and we are committed to bringing live music to you, wherever you are. Learn more about watching Symphony concerts from home.
- Please self-assess your health before leaving home.
- Don't forget your tickets. Before leaving home, make sure you have your mailed ticket, print-at-home ticket, or e-ticket available on your mobile device.
Face covering required
Credit or debit card only; no cash
No food or beverages inside auditorium
- No-touch paid parking is available at the Theater District Parking Garage and Market Square Garage (credit or debit card payment only).
- Valet Parking: All attendants will be masked and will follow sanitizing procedures before and after each car.
- For those parking in the Theater District Garage, the courtyard level entrance will be reserved for those needing mobility assistance.
Your Concert Experience
Here’s what to expect when you get to Jones Hall:
- Low- to no-touch concert experience with increased cleaning of all high-touch surfaces:
- Doors will be propped open or operated by ushers
- Ticket scanners will be placed at each entrance, enabling you to self-scan your own tickets
- Restrooms have been upgraded with no-touch handwashing and will be cleaned multiple times prior to and during the performance.
- Sanitization stations will be placed throughout the hall
- Intermission will resume for all concerts, with the exception of Once Upon a Time: Alan Menken’s Broadway and Opening Night with Renée Fleming.
- Food and drink will be permitted in upstairs bar areas. No food or drinks will be allowed inside the auditorium.
- For those seated in the middle of a row, we ask that once seated, you make every effort to remain seated to avoid coming in contact with other patrons in your row.
- For those needing mobility assistance, a limited number of wheelchairs are available and will be sanitized before and after use. Ushers handling a patron’s personal walker or wheelchair will be masked and gloved.
Following the Performance
- Ushers will guide row-by-row exit to avoid congestion in high-traffic areas. Please follow the directions posted on in-hall screens and the guidance of ushers.
For any questions, please contact the Patron Services Center at 713.224.7575, Monday–Saturday from noon to 6 p.m.
If you’re not signed up to receive Houston Symphony emails, register now to ensure that you receive important concert and safety updates.