The health and safety of our patrons, musicians, and staff is our top priority. At this time, we are hosting small audiences inside Jones Hall. The total in-person attendance will be less than 25% capacity. All current 2020–21 Season subscribers will be able to attend the concerts to which they hold tickets. We will announce audience capacity changes as they arise.
All upcoming performances that include in-person audiences will have greatly reduced attendance, along with social distancing of at least 6 feet between each household. Our safety plan has been created over several months in close collaboration with medical experts at Houston Methodist, and additional measures include mandatory mask wearing, increased cleaning before performances, staggered and guided patron entrance and exit, a no-touch or low-touch experience, and temperature check at arrival. Please be advised that temperature checks are currently in place at all entries of Jones Hall. If you consistently register a high fever you will be asked to leave, and you will be offered a refund.
We recognize that, even with safety measures, some patrons may not feel comfortable attending in person and we are committed to bringing live music to you, wherever you are. Learn more about watching Symphony concerts from home
Safety at Jones Hall | Houston Symphony
Face covering required
Temperature check required
Social distancing required
Credit or debit card only; no cash
No food/beverages; Encore Café closed
Staggered entry – please check ticket for arrival time
- Please self-assess your health before leaving home. Please be advised that temperature checks are currently in place at all entries of Jones Hall. If you consistently register a high fever you will be asked to leave, and you will be offered a refund.
- Don’t forget your mask. A face covering is required for entry into Jones Hall and any audience member should be prepared to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times. If this is not possible for any patron, we would love to accommodate your party via livestream.
- Don't forget your tickets. Before leaving home, make sure you have your mailed ticket, print-at-home ticket, or e-ticket available on your mobile device. Tickets are no longer being held at will call.
- Entry into Jones Hall will be staggered based on seating location. We will inform you of your arrival time prior to the concert. Upon arrival, you will be asked to form a socially distanced line outside the entrance. An usher will let you know when it’s your turn to go in.
If you’re not signed up to receive Houston Symphony emails, register now to ensure that you receive important concert and safety updates.
- No-touch paid parking is available at the Theater District Parking Garage and Market Square Garage (credit or debit card payment only).
- Valet services will not be available at this time. A drop-off lane will be located next to Jones Hall on Capitol St. for patrons needing mobility assistance.
- For those parking in the Theater District Garage, the courtyard level entrance will be reserved for those needing mobility assistance.
Your Concert Experience
Here’s what to expect when you get to Jones Hall:
- Low- to no-touch concert experience with increased cleaning of all high-touch surfaces:
- Doors will be propped open or operated by ushers
- Ticket scanners will be placed at each entrance, enabling you to self-scan your own tickets
- Restrooms have been upgraded with no-touch handwashing and will be cleaned multiple times prior to and during the performance.
- Printed programs will not be distributed. Program and artist information will be emailed prior to the performance and will also be projected on in-hall screens.
- Sanitization stations will be placed throughout the hall
- When entering the lobby area, please be mindful of those around you and maintain a 6-foot distance at all times. Distancing markers will be placed at restrooms and other areas where lines may form. Upon entrance, please go directly to your seat and do not congregate in the lobby.
- Encore Café, in-hall bars, drinking fountains, and the Symphony Store are closed at this time. All pre-concert talks are suspended.
- In the concert hall, patron groups will be seated 6 feet from other patrons. For those seated in the middle of a row, we ask that once seated, you make every effort to remain seated to avoid coming in contact with other patrons in your row.
- Elevators will be reserved for those needing mobility assistance.
- For those needing mobility assistance, a limited number of wheelchairs are available and will be sanitized before and after use. Ushers handling a patron’s personal walker or wheelchair will be masked and gloved.
- Concerts will be approximately one hour long with no intermission.