School is almost done which means it’s time to get outside and enjoy the summer! There are so many things to do outside, but have you ever stopped to listen to the sounds around you? Next time you’re outside, take a moment to see if you can identify what you hear and join us in this Sound Scavenger Hunt!
What You’ll Need:
- Your Parent/Guardian
- Sound Scavenger Hunt sheet
How to participate:
- Go outside in your neighborhood or to a park/outdoor space.
- Find a spot on the grass or somewhere in nature.
- Listen for sounds and write what you hear on your Sound Scavenger Hunt sheet.
- Once you’re back home, think about what instruments in the orchestra might imitate the sounds you wrote down.
- Finally, make a drawing representing all or some of the sounds you heard while out in nature.
Share your drawings on social media and don’t forget to tag us @HouSymphony