This Halloween presents the perfect opportunity to cozy up indoors for an intimate party at home. However, being at home doesn't mean you can't enjoy all the spooky thrills of Halloween, especially with this slate of themed cocktails that are sure to put you in a macabre mood. Grab a swizzle stick, load your cocktail shaker with ice, and gather around for the Houston Symphony's livestream performance of Haunted Halloween POPS on October 31, conducted by Michael Krajewski.
Candy Corn Delight
2 oz. whipped cream-flavored vodka
3 oz. pineapple juice
2 oz. sour mix
2 tsp. grenadine
- Combine the first three ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously
- Pour into a martini glass
- Slowly pour in grenadine to allow it to settle in the bottom of the glass
- Top with whipped cream to resemble the layers of candy corn
Fresh lime juice
Purple food coloring
1 tbsp. sugar
1 oz. tequila
0.5 oz. fresh lime juice
0.5 oz. raspberry liqueur
- In a saucer, combine sugar and food coloring; mix until sugar is dyed a deep purple
- Wet the rim of a shot glass in the lime juice; dip the wet rim into the dyed sugar
- Stir the tequila, lime juice, and raspberry liqueur together over ice
- Strain into the shot glass and add purple food coloring as necessary to achieve the dark color
2 oz. vodka
6 oz. cream soda
1/3 tsp. matcha powder
Small of dry ice
- Whisk together cream soda and matcha powder until no clumps remain and the drink achieves a bright green color
- Strain into a highball glass
- Mix in the vodka
- Add dry ice for a spooky, mad scientist aesthetic
NOTE: Never touch dry ice directly with your hands as this may cause burns. Handle with tongs. Allow the ice to evaporate completely before drinking the cocktail (about 5–10 minutes).
Dracula's Drink Mocktail
3 oz. black cherry juice
2 oz. Sprite
2 tsp. grenadine
- Pour black cherry juice and Sprite into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously
- Strain into coupe glass
- Stir in grenadine and garnish with pitted black cherries
As a bonus, enjoy this sinfully spooky red velvet cupcake recipe and end your night on a sweet note!
With this assortment of frightful concoctions, your Halloween night is sure to be filled with warm feelings and laughter, complemented by spine-tingling classics played by the Houston Symphony. Get your livestream ticket and join us on October 31 for Haunted Halloween POPS, part of the Bank of America POPS Series.
We wish you all a safe and happy Halloween!