We make every effort to create the best possible experience for our patrons. Please review the information below to learn about ticket policies and requests. Questions? We’re happy to help! Call our Patron Services Center at 713.224.7575, Monday–Saturday, 12 noon–6 p.m.
Please note that only tickets purchased directly from the Houston Symphony’s website and Box Office are verified. All third party sales are at your own risk and may not be legitimate. The Houston Symphony Box Office does not have access to any orders made on other websites. Please contact the Patron Services Center for any questions.
The Houston Symphony offers ticket exchange privileges as a benefit to its subscribers. We offer three convenient ways to exchange your tickets:
Phone: 713.224.7575, Monday–Saturday, 12 noon–6 p.m.
In Person: Bring your tickets to the Patron Services Center during regular business hours (Monday–Saturday, 12 noon–6 p.m.), located on the Lower Level of Jones Hall for the Performing Arts.
Online: Subscribers may use this link to log in to your account and exchange tickets.
Exchanges must be made by 6 p.m. the business day prior to the performance. Once you have exchanged or donated your tickets, please destroy your original tickets as they will no longer be valid.
Ticket Exchange Policies and Restrictions
- Classical Series 6-, 9-, and 18-concert subscribers and Pops 6- and 9-concert subscribers may exchange for free into other Classical or POPS Series subscription performances.
- Classical and POPS Series 3- and 4-concert subscribers and Pick Your Own subscribers may exchange into other Classical and POPS Series performances for $10 per exchange. See restricted performances below.
- BBVA Compass Family Series subscribers may exchange for free into other Family Series performances.
- Single Ticket Sales: All single ticket sales are final.
- You will be charged the difference (if any) in ticket value between the ticket(s) you hold and the ticket(s) for the desired performance.
- Your credit card on file will be used for any exchange fees or price differences unless we are contacted immediately with another payment option.
- You will not receive a refund for exchanges made into a lower-priced concert/level.
- Exchanges must be made by 6 p.m. the business day prior to the performance. In the event of a Sunday evening concert, tickets must be exchanged by 6 p.m. the previous Friday. Tickets for past performances cannot be exchanged or returned for a tax receipt.
- Exchanges can only be made for concerts in the same season.
- If you exchange tickets within a week of the new performance date, your tickets will be held for pickup at the Will Call window. Tickets for later dates will be mailed or held according to your preference.
- When you exchange out of a given concert, you must exchange into a different concert at the same time. Open exchanges are not permitted.
- We will make every effort to provide you with seats in the same section as your subscription seats.
Subscriber Exchange Blackout Dates
- Classical and POPS Series 4-concert subscribers may not exchange into Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back—in Concert (November 8–10) due to high demand.
- Pick 3, 4, and 5-concert subscribers and POPS 3 subscribers may not exchange into Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back—in Concert (November 8–10) or The Best of John Williams (May 22–24) due to high demand.
- Subscription concert tickets cannot be exchanged for Symphony Specials, Bank of America Summer Series at Jones Hall performances, or concerts at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion.
- The Houston Symphony reserves the right to refuse exchange privileges into or out of any performance without written notice.
Can’t use or exchange a season ticket? Donate the ticket prior to the performance for a tax deduction in accordance with the tax code. Seats will be released, and a tax donation receipt will be mailed when donated tickets are received prior to a concert.
- Online donation requests may be submitted up to 24 hours prior to the ticketed performance.
- Donations via phone or in person can be made up to three hours prior to the performance.
- Once you donate a ticket, your donation is final and the ticket is immediately made available for re-sale.
Phone: 713.224.7575, Monday–Saturday, 12 noon–6 p.m.
In Person: At the Patron Services Center, located on the Lower Level of Jones Hall for the Performing Arts, open Monday–Saturday, 12 noon–6 p.m.
Online: Use this link to donate your tickets.
The Houston Symphony welcomes requests for donations to support fundraising events for non-profit organizations. To be considered, please complete this online form.
Donation requests should be received at least eight weeks in advance of the fundraising event. Once your donation is processed, which may take up to three weeks, it will be mailed to the address provided on the form.
Should you be chosen to receive a donation, your organization will receive two vouchers, redeemable for two tickets to a Houston Symphony performance. Some restrictions apply and are listed on the vouchers. Due to the high volume of requests, we ask that no phone calls regarding donation requests be made.
The Box Office opens 90 minutes prior to Houston Symphony performances. We recommend arriving no later than 30 minutes prior to concert start time.
Please note: The Patron Services Center is closed on Sundays and cannot respond to calls. If you need assistance, please leave a message and we will respond to your call the following business day.
Tickets purchased more than one week in advance of a performance will be mailed unless otherwise requested. Tickets ordered within one week of a concert date are scheduled for pickup at Will Call on the date of the performance.
No problem! Your ticket is re-printable. Simply call us at 713.224.7575 or come to an available Box Office window at the performance. Once tickets are reprinted, past versions are no longer valid.