How do I view the live concert?
On the day before the concert, you will receive a new email with a link to the video. If you purchase a ticket after Friday evening, the link will be in your confirmation email.
- If you buy your ticket before the day of the concert: On the day of the concert, check your inbox for a new email containing the private YouTube link. If you do not receive the email with the link by 3 p.m. on the day of the concert, please contact our Patron Services Center: email@example.com or 713.224.7575
- If you buy your ticket on the day of the concert: Check your inbox for a purchase confirmation email. The email will contain the YouTube link you’ll need to view the concert. If you do not see a confirmation email, check your junk or spam folder, and make sure you are checking the same email address associated with your houstonsymphony.org account.
If you don’t receive your YouTube Live link on the day of the concert, contact our Patron Service Center before the performance begins to ensure you may still watch live: firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.224.7575.
Do I need a YouTube account to see the concert?
A YouTube log-in is not required to view the concert. All you need is the private link you will receive on the day of the concert.
Can I view the concert on my TV instead of a laptop, tablet, or phone?
It may be possible, depending on your TV. Read YouTube’s help articles about streaming to different devices.
What if I’m having trouble viewing the live concert?
We do not anticipate any issues with the live concerts, but we understand that technology may not always be in the mood for music. Here are a few suggestions for troubleshooting some issues.
If you have questions during the concert, we will be available: call us at 713.224.7575.
- The video keeps cutting out or freezing.
Some easy fixes to try: restart your computer or open/close the app on your phone, try using the link on a new internet browser or device, close any other open programs or applications, check your internet speed, clear your browser history, and/or restart your router. Read this YouTube help article for more options. Note that if you close the YouTube Live video while the concert is happening and reopen it a few moments later, the video may pick back up in real time, not begin where you left off.
- The audio is not synced with the video.
Refreshing your internet browser or YouTube app often fixes this issue. Read this YouTube help article for more options.
- It’s after the concert’s start time, but it looks like the performance hasn’t begun.
If it’s a little after the concert’s start time and you don’t see the video playing yet, you can always hit “refresh” on your internet browser, or close and reopen the app, to make sure.
- My internet cut out during the concert.
If your internet cuts out and comes back on, you should be able to refresh your YouTube Live link and begin watching again. Note that the video may pick back up in real time, not begin where you left off.
- Something else went wrong!
If you need to speak to a Patron Services Center representative, give us a call at 713.224.7575.