Student Ticket Options
Take a break from the books by joining us downtown to experience live orchestral music with your Houston Symphony. View the options below for information on rush tickets and our student pass.
- $15 Student Rush tickets are available for Thursday/Friday nights for most Houston Symphony concerts. Additional performances will be added throughout the season. Please check back on this page for availability.
- Student Rush tickets may be accessed online by using promo code “Student,” by phone, in person at the Patron Services Center or at the Box Office prior to performances.
- Limit two tickets per student for each performance.
- All tickets will be held at Will Call at the Box Office the day of performance. Students at the high school level and above must present a valid student ID to claim their tickets. Seating is first come, first served and at the discretion of the Box Office.
- Programs, artists, dates and prices subject to change. This offer is subject to availability, may not be combined with other offers or discounts and is not applicable to previously purchased tickets. All sales are final.
Upcoming eligible Student Night concerts:
Ax Plays Beethoven – Friday, November 15 at 8 p.m., Saturday, November 16 at 8 p.m., Sunday, November 17 at 2:30 p.m.
Trifonov Plays Tchaikovsky – Friday, November 22 at 8 p.m.
All-Strauss Thanksgiving – Friday, November 29 at 8 p.m., Saturday, November 30 at 8 p.m., Sunday, December 1 at 2:30 p.m.
Shaham Plays Brahms – Thursday, December 5 at 8 p.m., Saturday, December 7 at 8 p.m., Sunday, December 8 at 2:30 p.m.
Very Merry Pops – Friday, December 13 at 8 p.m. and Tuesday, December 17 at 7:30 p.m.
Handel’s Messiah – Friday, December 20 at 8 p.m.
Sinatra and Beyond – Friday, January 3 at 8 p.m.
Paganini + Pines of Rome – Friday, January 9 at 8 p.m.
Tchaikovsky’s Pathétique – Friday, January 17 at 8 p.m.
Beethoven 7 – Thursday, January 30 at 8 p.m.
Schumann Festival I – Saturday, February 8 at 8 p.m.
Schumann Festival II – Thursday, February 13 at 8 p.m.
Schumann Festival III – Saturday, February 15 at 8 p.m.
Nat King Cole Centennial – Friday, February 28 at 8 p.m.
Adam’s El Niño – Saturday, March 14 at 8 p.m.
Whole Lotta Shakin’ – Friday, March 20 at 8 p.m.
Mozart Piano Concerto No. 20 – Thursday, March 26 at 8 p.m.
Andrés Conducts Mahler 7 – Friday, April 3 at 8 p.m.
Aretha: Queen of Soul – Friday, April 17 at 8 p.m.
Symphonie fantastique – Friday, May 1 at 8 p.m.
Beethoven + López – Friday, May 15 at 8 p.m.
How It Works
Student Pass holders have access to almost all Classical and POPS* performances throughout the season, on any night. Simply arrive at the ticket sales window (street-level box office) up to 90 minutes in advance of the concert start time with your Student Pass and student ID in hand and you’ll get a ticket for the best available seat at the time of the performance.
*Black-Out Dates: The below performances are ineligible for Student Pass Redemption.
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back—in Concert (Thursday, November 7 performance is eligible for Student Pass redemption.)
- The Best of John Williams—Star Wars & More
- Symphony Specials (Handel’s Messiah (December 20–22) is eligible for Student Pass redemption.)
- BBVA Family Series performances
- Bank of America Summer Sounds performances
*One ticket per pass holder. Seating and availability is subject to the discretion of the Box Office. Restrictions apply on certain Classical and POPS performances.