ABOUT THIS CONCERT
These performances are part of a special two-week festival celebrating the outstanding tenure of Andrés Orozco-Estrada in his final year as Music Director. View the full festival schedule >
On this concert:
- Take in Saint-Saëns’s beloved musical menagerie, The Carnival of the Animals, featuring Principal Keyboard Scott Holshouser and the illustrious Emanuel Ax.
- Principal Clarinet Mark Nuccio steps out for Scott McAllister’s electrifying, hard-rock-inspired Black Dog, and the boogie-woogie rhythms of Artie Shaw’s Clarinet Concerto.
- Principal Second Violin MuChen Hsieh and Acting Principal Viola Joan DerHovsepian share Bruch’s richly melodic “Double Concerto.”
- These performances include two all-time favorites: Bernstein’s playful and dazzling Candide Overture and Saint-Saëns’s colorful Danse macabre.
- Purchase livestream tickets for the March 19 performance and get the March 20 livestream access free. Use the links on this page to purchase tickets.
Student Tickets: This concert is eligible for students to attend at a discounted rate. Visit our Student Tickets page for more information.
How to View the Concert Livestream Video
On the day before the concert, ticketholders will receive an email with a link to the video. We recommend you access the link at least 10 minutes before the concert begins. If you do not receive a link, please check your spam or junk folder.
SELECT CONCERT DATE:
SAINT-SAËNS Danse Macabre
SAINT-SAËNS The Carnival of the Animals
BRUCH Concerto in E minor for Violin and Viola
BERNSTEIN Candide: Overture
S. MCALLISTER Black Dog
SHAW Clarinet Concerto