To continue to follow social distancing expectations surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Houston Symphony has made the difficult decision to cancel the remainder of our 2019–20 season, as well as Jones Hall performances scheduled for June. This is an extension of the previously announced cancelation of performances and programs through May 10.
The concerts affected by the cancelations are:
- Adams’ El Niño, March 14 & 15
- Swing to Rock with Dave Bennett, March 20, 21 & 22
- Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 20, March 26, 28 & 29
- Chamber Music with Cédric Tiberghien and Houston Symphony Musicians, March 27
- Andrés Conducts Mahler 7, April 3, 4 & 5
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince™ in Concert, April 10 & 11
- Aretha: Queen of Soul, April 17, 18 & 19
- Heroes and Adventures, April 18
- Symphonie fantastique, May 1, 2 & 3
- John Malkovich in “The Music Critic”, May 7
- The Music of Whitney Houston, May 9 & 10
- Beethoven’s Choral Fantasy, May 15 & 17
- Game On!, May 21
- The Best of John Williams—Star Wars and more with Chorus, May 22, 23 & 24
- The Music of Pink Floyd, June 6
- Coco—Film with Live Orchestra, June 13
- The Ima Hogg Competition, May 30
- Neighborhood Concert Series, June 3–11
The Symphony is working to reschedule some programs into the summer and future seasons. Details will be announced as soon as possible.
Information for ticket holders
Below are options for ticket holders:
- Exchange your tickets for another scheduled performance in the 2020–21 season or for a voucher for the value of their purchase, allowing more time to decide on another performance later. Some exceptions for exchanges may apply.
- Donate the value of your ticket back to the Houston Symphony. You will receive a tax receipt for the value of your ticket. Online form for ticket donation
- Apply the value of your ticket towards a subscription for the 2020–21 season. Subscriptions are more important than ever in supporting the Symphony. Contact us online or by phone at 713.224.7575.
- Other options: You may contact us online or by phone at 713.224.7575 during operating hours, when our Patron Services Center representatives will be able to assist you: Monday–Saturday, 12 noon–6 p.m.
Due to an increased volume of calls, please allow up to 48 hours for a response. Thank you for your patience as we manage a higher call volume.
Phone: 713.224.7575 | Available Monday–Saturday, 12 noon–6 p.m.
In the coming days, we will continue to monitor city and county recommendations, and will share any additional follow-ups if needed. Thank you for your support of the Symphony.
Listen at Home: Listen to Houston Symphony broadcasts and more.