With a variety of great volunteer options, you'll be sure to find the opportunity that suits you best.
Click here to download the volunteer application
|Help preserve Houston Symphony history by filing records, maintaining databases and providing research assistance.
Contact Chairs Jennifer Hooker (734-417-8203) or Elba Villarreal (713-725-8436) to volunteer.
- Generally held either the 1st or 2nd Saturday in January.
- Need volunteers to man the doors, escort competitors to the rehearsal rooms/backstage, bring food for snacks, etc.
- You are welcome to stay watch to the competition.
Ima Hogg Competition
- Semi-finals will be on Thursday, June 4, 2015 at Rice University’s Shepherd School of Music.
- Finals will be on Saturday, June 6, 2015 in Stude Hall, Shepherd School of Music.
- Same volunteer opportunities and option to attend as for Concerto Competition.
Contact Chair Jo Dee Wright or Volunteer Coordinator Roz Cooley (713-461-6806) to volunteer.
|Family Series concerts
|Family Series concerts take place four Saturdays a year. Volunteer for craft activities, instrument petting zoo, or participate in craft-making prior to the concert. You are also invited to watch the concert.
|Miscellaneous Internal Duties
- Share your talent for writing, proofreading, submit photos, and keep League members up-to-date on activities through our newsletter.
- Assist with mailings for special events, membership events and the Annual Fund.
- Assist League committees and Symphony staff with various special projects.
|Help hand out name tags, event notifications, etc. at our quarterly membership luncheons and holiday luncheon.
|These League-hosted luncheons occur three times each year. Volunteer to bring or donate food or make a monetary contribution towards the purchase of food. Volunteers have the opportunity to meet and eat lunch with Symphony staff and musicians.
For more information or to volunteer, contact Chairs Roz Cooley (713-461-6806), Therese Moore (713-461-9422) or Kathryn Riddles (281-745-0954).
|Opening Night Gala (September 7)
Magical Musical Morning(December)
- Provide registration and (if held) auction assistance
Notes and Nibbles (February)
- Assist with registration, instrument petting zoo, crafts, or Symphony Store.
Children's Fashion Show (April)
- Assist with registration.
Maestro Wine Dinner (May)
- Volunteer for registration or instrument petting zoo.
- Registration and auction volunteers needed.
Volunteer as an usher and escort children from buses to Jones Hall, and back to buses. We always need more volunteers for this event and you are welcome to stay and enjoy the concert after.
Upcoming concerts are scheduled during the week in October 2015 and February 2016.
For more information, contact Vickie Hamley, Director of Volunteer Services at Vickie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Share in the pre-concert excitement while selling merchandise at our store and stay after to watch the show.
Click here to view a PDF of the information above
Click here to download a volunteer application
For more information on volunteering with Houston Symphony, please contact:
Vickie Hamley, Director, Volunteer Services
email@example.com or 832-531-6701